Boom Festival 2018 tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. This means you cannot sell your ticket or get a refund once it has been purchased.
- To purchase a ticket we need for each ticket: full name, nationality and gender. If you are buying a Friendly Ticket then we will also need your passport number.
- If you order more than one ticket all tickets will be sent to the email of the purchaser unless additional emails are supplied for each ticket.
- Once you have placed your order you will receive a receipt from Access All Areas.
- Please note Boom Festival will issue your ticket once we have uploaded your details. People who buy tickets in December should expect a delay in receiving their ticket due to expected high demand and thus processing time. Please contact us if you have not received your ticket(s) by 30th
- You can purchase a Boom Bus ticket when you buy your ticket or at a later date by logging in to the Boom platform using the email Boom used to send you your ticket(s). You can only purchase a tipi reservation after the order has been made via the Boom platform.
- There is a €1 charge for children under 13 years of age, but you must register them via the Boom platform after receiving your ticket from Boom.
- You will be given a Boom festival wristband unique to you after showing your printed ticket or e-ticket displayed on your mobile device, however, do ensure the screen is not cracked or broken so the code can be scanned. You will also have to show your ID/passport.
- Boomers maybe subject to a search before entering the festival.
- Wearing an undamaged Boom Festival wristband at all times is a condition of remaining in the festival. If your wristband becomes damaged at the festival visit an information point to arrange for it to be replaced.